Utstillingen My Name is Prince
This October will see the World Premiere of the first ever official exhibition about iconic superstar and legendary performer Prince. Opening on 27 October 2017 at The O2 in London, My Name Is Prince, will give fans the chance to get up close and personal with the music legend’s life and work, which will celebrate the legacy of one of pop music’s most influential figures, Prince Rogers Nelson.
My Name Is Prince will showcase hundreds of never before seen artefacts direct from Paisley Park, Prince’s famous Minnesota private estate. Visitors will get a unique insight into the life, creativity and vision of one of the most naturally gifted recording artists of all time.
Fans visiting My Name is Prince will have the chance to witness awe-inspiring exhibits including instruments, stage outfits, awards and handwritten song lyrics. Artefacts leaving Paisley Park for the first time in this unique exhibition include:
· Clothing from the 1984/1985 Purple Rain tour and the 1988/1989 LoveSexy tour
· Wardrobe from the 1990 film, Graffiti Bridge
· Gibson L65 guitar that Prince used when he made his national television debut on American Bandstand in 1980. Also used on the Prince tour and Dirty Mind tour
· The original bass that was the inspiration for the Cloud guitar
· The orange Cloud guitar made for Prince’s 2007 Super Bowl halftime performance (used during The Earth tour in 2007)
· Third-eye sunglasses from 2014
· Diamond studded cane from 2015
· Clothing worn during the 2007 3121 shows, 21 nights at The O2 shows and many more
· Diamond vest worn during his 2013 V magazine shoot
· The Raspberry Beret cloud suit from 1985
My Name is Prince will be in London for a limited 21-day engagement, reflecting the 21 unprecedented record-breaking, sold-out concerts that Prince played at The O2 in August and September 2007 – a record that still stands today.
Utstillingen står fra 27. oktober til 7. desember 2017